Tuesday, March 10, 2009

not proactive enough

We're going to write a letter to the oral surgeon explaining what happened as a consequence of his professional help, and we're going to let it go. Robbie's mouth is fine. After a yr and a half of intermittent swelling and infection and a large outlay of money and exploratory surgery that resolved the issue, we have decided to forego the call to the lawyers and let it go. Chances are that we wouldn't receive any recompense or satisfaction by pursuing it, and the wear and tear to our souls is not worth it. Bad things do happen.. and sometimes we are the victims. The salt in the wound is the arrogance demonstrated by the dr. Oh well. I intend to tell him what happened as he is unaware because we severed ties with him when he offered no interest in resolving the issue. Until I speak my truth/our truth, I won't feel that I've done my job. For Robbie's sake, I will tell the doctor what happened. This feels like "us" to us. We're not looking for $ or blood, just the truth.

1 comment:

Alison's Recipes said...

Good for you. That is the the best way to handle this. You are letting him know, but not being vindictive. The truth wins, just because it IS the truth.