Thursday, March 12, 2009

I bought all of their CD's

Pete and I did a rare thing last night. We went to a concert. And on a school night! We saw Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas. They played at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley for a small audience which was great for us. But they deserve HUGE audiences because they are such a treat. They played Scottish reels, minuets, and contemporary Scottish music, some composed by Alasdair himself... all of it lovely and some of it really foot stomping, sway and bob in your seat fun. He is charming and brings out the most in his 350 year old fiddle and Natalie is the best accompaniment with her sturdy and strong heartbeat of a cello. I looked at their schedule: they are all over the globe. Evidently they have some connections in Spain, in Canada, and of course in Scotland galore. If they are in our vicinity I will go out of my way to see them again. They will be in Sepastopol in the fall.

No comments: