Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Holy Spirit


When I was little, like third grade, which means eight years old... my mother had me learn how to play the organ so that I could play for the school masses at Immaculate Conception Catholic School in North Little Rock, Arkansas, where we lived for a while. I remember the trepidation I felt when the priest would line up in the back of the church with the altar boys (no girls allowed) getting ready for the procession to start and I would have to put my fingers and feet to the organ to make music and everyone would start singing. Once I started playing, there was no turning back. It truly was an out of body experience. I don't know that I ever threw up, but it would have been reasonable given how I felt. Maybe the Spirit helped through it... maybe my meager music practicing helped. Maybe I should have practiced MORE. This would have been approximately 1965. I love listening to this version.. almost 40 years later. This is worth a listen. Beautiful. http://x.imeem.com/FiLiuZADtN

1 comment:

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

I'd love to hear you play sometime....I had no idea. Thanks for the lovely memory...it would be a nice piece for a memoir....!