Thursday, May 15, 2008

billy boy


I can not believe it... Billy is gonna graduate from college. And he did it almost all on his own. Billy has been independent from the minute he was born. Existentially, the message I got from B was : Everything is fine, Mom, and if you could just leave me be, we'll all be happy. Low maintenance-boy, that's B. From our lips has often sprung: "Billy is the BEST." And he is,. and not just because he requires v. little from his parents, but because he is so solidly a good person. I'm so glad that this summer he'll be in the Bay Area doing an internship with Lockheed-Martin in Sunnyvale. We'll get to see him! and as He Said in his Mother's Day card, we "can take care of him." I can't wait!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Soon HALF of your boys will have graduated from college! Congrats to all. Billy is a gift, fer sure. As are John, Robbie and Mr. Tomming. All wonderful in their own sweet way. You are so blessed to have genuinely nice, yet individual young men. What a tribute to you and Pete. Billy has great things in store for him. Go Billy!

Jennie said...

Yeaaaa, Hayes Boys! (pom-pon shaking inserted here). When Tommy went to college, my advice was this: if you aren't sure where you are, look lost. Someone will help you. They always do. So here's my advice to Tommy and Billy now (given to me by a KoC guy when I was probably looking a little too lost): You always land on your feet. No matter what happens, remember that you are a person who lands on his feet. God bless you!