Friday, May 23, 2008

finding a lost thing





I'm remembering an exact moment when I was little when I'd lost a ring that I had been given. I was devastated. Forlorn and despondent. I kept those feelings to myself, but they were there completely enveloping every cm of my heart. I looked with every ounce of attention and focus I could muster and to no avail. I'm remembering that moment now, why? It did turn up and the joy I felt then could have lifted me off the ground and carried me all the way to heaven. Literally! ( Maybe that's what caused the Ascension and the Assumption!) Anyway, why remember that now? because lost things sometimes are found. St. Anthony, pray for us!

2 comments:

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

I like the image of the assumption or ascension as one of being so joy-filled that one is lifted off the ground!

But what's the connection between the lost ring and the photo?

Katie said...

I think Robbie finding Martha and Martha finding Robbie... just between me and you. Each was what the other was missing, I believe. It is something to behold, the discovery.