Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'd rather dance

This morning our small faith group met and we spent most of our time together talking about our misery with our pastor. Familiar story. Because it is so familiar to us by now, we more readily slip into resolving our feelings more quickly. I wouldn't say we despair, we are dismayed though. We console ourselves with old answers too... because they are getting old after all these years. In the end, by golly, we turn to the forgiveness message that Jesus gave.... remember, forgive 70 times 7 times. I always hated that one. I'm hoping though, too, that while we're busy forgiving that the Spirit is at work in our Church and that like this video from YouTube, I'd Rather Dance by these Norwegian musicians... we will find new answers or hear different music that will free us to be our true selves, children of God. My boys showed me this video because they thought the male dancer reminded them of me when I was 40 lbs lighter. Nice. But, I am so tickled by the little girls and by their dancing.... I want their beauty and joy to be all of ours. and in the Church, maybe we could do less talking and more dancing, eh?

2 comments:

Robbie said...

hey... our comments had nothing to do with 40 lbs.

Pete said...

Stay with the joy! We need to hold onto the problems within our Church (because it's our Church and it's important) but we need also, and always, to balance our deliberations with the joy of the Resurection. Thanks for the invitation to dance.