Tuesday, July 13, 2010

tuesday, july 13, 2010


I was in the habit of looking up whose saint's feast day it was each day, but I've lost that habit. I wonder if I could identify a saint in my own midst and celebrate their sanctity, their gift to our world in my own way. Hmm. It occurred to me that July 13th seems like the middle of summer. Halfway between Independence Day and Pete and Billy's birthdays. July 22 and July 24 respectively. It is also a few wks before we head to Wales for Amy's wedding. ETD: July 24. So, summer saints. Maybe I'll celebrate the gardeners in my life... Peggy, Diane down the street, ah, Moyra and Thad up at Farm Fresh to You, Sally and Jeff whose garden is a feast for the eye. In gratitude for their growing things this time of year... to honor them? I'll find a garden gnome and put some flowers with it and say a prayer for them. Got any other ideas?

3 comments:

Pete said...

What about giving someone a pack of seeds anonymously?

Katie said...

love it!! done!!

Jennie said...

I get the AmericanCatholic.org saint of the day emailed to me (thanks, Alison). I don't have the discipline of looking one up, but it's kind of nice that it's forced on me whether I'm thinking about it or not! (today is Kateri Tekakwitha, or Blessed Kat) I like the idea of sending someone seeds. i can't think of anything better.