Thursday, July 22, 2010

july 22, 2010 happy birthday Pete!!


Today at my house we're celebrating Pete's birthday. He told me this morning when I drove him to BART that he was thinking about his parents and the scene of his arrival in their lives. He was blown away thinking about how little he was and how big they were. He was thinking about their encounter and the fact that he was ever SO little once. I've seen pictures of Pete when he was little ... big head, little bitty self. But, it's him alright. His little hands resting on his knees as he sits.. his fingers firmly lined up.. just the way they still do. His BIG blue eyes... as benign and beautiful as always. and big smile... a happy soul. I thank God for his gift of Pete to me... today and always. Let the festivus continue!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Peter Manning Hayes. July 22, 1958 was a day that changed my life immeasurably and without whom there would be no Tommy, Billy, Robbie or John. HIP HIP HOORAY!! for PETE!!