Monday, July 19, 2010

monday, july 19, 2010


There is a very happy bird singing outside my living room window. A breeze is blowing, the sun is shining if I listen very carefully, I can hear the leaves rustling on the trees, the bird, a neighbor's dog, a motorcycle motoring down St. Mary's Road. If I quiet my mind, and just listen I can hear insects , the clock ticking on the kitchen wall, a car leaving its driveway. Just as I was thinking we hadn't seen any squirrels lately, I heard some ruckus and looked out the window and guess who was climbing the neighbor's fence not 12 feet away? Squirrel. Now there's a funny word. My friend asked if my name could be a noun, what would it be. Squirrel did not spring to mind. Actually, Pashmina did. Does Pashmina sound like a fat girl? If your name was a noun what would it be? Protuberance? How about Kaleidoscope? or Quilt? Kinda funny ... if you think about it. I mean Quilt is not too different from Quinn or Chet.... John said yesterday he was thinking that if a police man stopped him... he would say, "Is there an officer, problem?" Can you tell it's summer vacation? the things we have time to think about.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

DarningNeedle. That would be my name. And people would call me Darnie.

Katie said...

I like it Darnie!!