Wednesday, April 28, 2010

spring rains

View from my kitchen window, while it rains.
I have never enjoyed spring rains so much. Well, I haven't been out in my boots sloshing through the gutters the way we did when we were kids. This time, I'm just thankful for the moisture in the air and in the ground and for the life it brings. I don't remember spring rains like this in California. I remember winter rains for sure. These rains are so quickly followed by sunshine, blue sky and rainbows and birds singing their hearts out. The trees are green now too, which is a difference. Lilacs are in bloom and poppies and lupine and lavender. The earth is bursting forth with life and as if in blessing, the sky offers a nice shower to cleanse it all. I'm loving it!! Worms are out, as are the newts and the slugs. I went swimming in the wind and rain yesterday. So I got doubly washed. Benediction.

No comments: