Sunday, April 12, 2009

o happy fault

Though the mountains leave their placeand the hills be shaken, my love shall never leave you nor my covenant of peace be shaken,says the LORD, who has mercy on you.O afflicted one, storm-battered and unconsoled,I lay your pavements in carnelians,and your foundations in sapphires;I will make your battlements of rubies,your gates of carbuncles,and all your walls of precious stones.All your children shall be taught by the LORD,and great shall be the peace of your children.In justice shall you be established,far from the fear of oppression,where destruction cannot come near you. Is 54:5-14

I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts.I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.You shall live in the land I gave your fathers; you shall be my people, and I will be your God. Is 55:1-11

Mk 16:1-7 When the sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary, the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go and anoint him.Very early when the sun had risen,on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb.They were saying to one another, "Who will roll back the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?"When they looked up,they saw that the stone had been rolled back; it was very large.On entering the tomb they saw a young mansitting on the right side, clothed in a white robe,and they were utterly amazed. He said to them, "Do not be amazed! You seek Jesus of Nazareth, the crucified. He has been raised; he is not here.Behold the place where they laid him.But go and tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him, as he told you.'"

Happy Easter! O happy day!

No comments: