Friday, November 5, 2010

november 5, 2010-Friday


Pete and I saw the play "Dracula" this week at the Lesher theater in Walnut Creek. It was a creepy, dark, sexy (I'm just telling the truth) production.. very well acted, staged, lit, and costumed. What am I missing? I have to admit that I like the whole vampire theme about as much as I like rollercoasters.. as in, not very much. However, I felt like I was in very good hands with the entire show from soups to nuts. Nothing amateur-ish about it. There was humor too which was a relief from the frightening stuff. Our venturing out in the middle of the week just for fun felt a little dlinquent. John was home with a cold, missing his volleyball practice. He enjoyed the quiet and the solitude no doubt. Man, I gotta toughen up!! Truth be told: I'd just about rather be anywhere with the boys than not.. well, until they start farting or telling inappropriate jokes or discussing the play by play action in the you-name-it game. I've only recently taken to excusing myself from the dinner table to go read a book when that starts. But, even then, it makes me happy to hear their voices from the other room. Robbie and Martha come home tomorrow... MORE VOICES!!

No comments: