Saturday, November 13, 2010

saturday night november 13, 2010


The sunset tonight was otherworldly. Driving home from Sacramento this evening the sky was a pale pinky peach in streaks across the western sky. As we drove across the Benicia Bridge and past the mothball fleet standing guard on the water below us the water reflected that same calm pink. The effect left me feeling nostalgic... because I sensed the fleeting nature of this moment and the darkness to come that would envelope that sweet pink light. Happily we were not far from home... We would be cozily tucked in before night had descended. and then, the lights came on in our house and the oven heated up and warm water poured forth from the faucets. Ah home! We had leftover Thai food for dinner and a few Hershey's chocolate kisses and a cup of hot tea with milk. I sent money tonight to a couple in North Carolina who seek to help the homeless there. They described meeting people who live in the woods there off the grid... hard luck stories that would defeat anyone... Sue and Bill feel called to live sorta like St. Francis... except NOW and while I could never do what they do.. I am hopeful that my check in the mail will give them a shot in the arm.. to keep the faith. I am grateful to them for allowing me to be a part of their outreach. Peace and All Good.

No comments: