Thursday, October 21, 2010

thursday, october 21, 2010


From Paul's letter to the Ephesians, kinda reminds me of Keats love poems:

and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones
what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge,
so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

.. I spent the morning on Tuesday w/ a Dominican sister who'd just come off a 3 week retreat. She was teaching us about her experience of the rosary. She was so still. At points, I thought she was going to start talking in a whisper and then just stop talking all together. It felt like she was pulling us INto her retreat, into the stillness of her quiet time of the past three weeks. It reminded me of why I need to be in the presence of religious men and women. Don't get me wrong! I also need to be with people who are movers and shakers. Cuz I'm a lug. But, being with Sr. Cecilia," rooted and grounded in love", helped me sense enfleshed what could be simply words. Her three week retreat blessed ME.

No comments: