Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 29, 2009


"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (from Paul's letter to the Romans) When Robbie was making his First Communion I found a card with this verse from Paul's letter and I thought "this is the card". Being worst-case scenario types, Robbie and me, I seized this card as my prayer for him. No matter what happens, we can always know this... nothing, not any thing, can come between this reality.. that we are essentially and forever wrapped in God's loving embrace. This is impossible to comprehend. but I believe, maybe not as fervently as St. Paul did, that it is true. While some define faith as a believe in our sinfulness and our need for redemption, I think my faith challenge is to believe that God loves us <-> that much. We do not earn it or deserve it, but like children of loving parents, we receive it because our creator can not help loving us. Every single one of us, forever.

No comments: