Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ask


Today's gospel reading is from Luke's gospel "“And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Earlier today, a friend sent me a video with music and prayers ... really sweet of her to think of me. Basically, the msg was Trust in God, not in man. I hate it when man is pitted against God , or vice versa. There were other things in the prayer that made me a twitch... like addressing God as "Father God". I don't know why that bugs me but it does. I'm sure there are ways I talk about God that really bug people too... oh well. Dig deep, Katie ! Look for the meaning! Anyway, I really love this gospel reading. It seems to me it's pretty transparent. BUT WAIT, as soon as one does that ...trouble. In this aforementioned video there was also the prayer for someone's "prosperity". Ouch. I don't know that Jesus really was interested in people's possession of wealth. Do you think? Anyway, I'm inclined to hear the words of Luke's Jesus as spiritual wisdom. If I actually sincerely am seeking, and I mean with the help of God's sincerely seeking people (that's everybody) then the truth will be revealed. and I'll know it is true because it is life-giving. Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find. (clear example: I ask St. Anthony to help me find lost things... he has never failed me.) Any testimonials out there?

No comments: