Saturday, December 20, 2008

delivery day draws near


It's December 20, 2008! that means only five days til the baby comes. I can't wait! oh, okay, I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for babies. I saw one in Target the other day.. in fact, I've seen a LOT of babies, newborns out with their moms shopping. I am drawn to them like a magnet. So fresh from heaven. I came around the shoulder of the mom holding the newborn to get a look at his face. He was crying with all of his might. He was hungry! Only mom can help with that! So I really saw mostly a gaping mouth and a really red face. His eyes were squeezed shut as if to say "I'm shut down, not available for an encounter with a lady desperate to see a baby, because I'm HUNGRY!" So, okay. I'm thinking of the parable or wise saying of Jesus about readiness. Motherhood teaches one how to be ready. Jesus talked about having oil ready for the lamp. What else did he say? I remember Pete and I, new parents, headed out with our first baby and discovered we didn't have a change of diapers with us! I also discovered that I had to eat well in order to feed the baby! Wow, one had to be conscious! and take action! What do I need to do in order to be ready to welcome the baby on December 25th? I've only got 5 days...

No comments: