Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011


The Lord takes delight in his people. from Psalm 149.

My mother sent me a new standing angel for my nativity set. I already possess a hovering angel which I suspend near the baby Jesus with a piece of thread. Oh, my standing angel is a thing of beauty. She has golden wings, and wears a peach colored robe with a green/blue pinafore and then she has her arms open with a white stole wrapped around her and over one arm.. she looks like she's ready for action. She has peachy colored hair with a gold headband and as I said she stands ready to act. She is now part of our Fontanini nativity set and she is a welcome addition! This angel doesn't belong to the hovering airy fairy angels. She is one who means business... is ready to help address real human needs. Her story, which comes in her Fontanini box, says that she helped Mary through her journey to Bethlehem, tucking her robe around her when the weather turned cold. This angel doesn't have a name.. she's just "Standing Angel"... ready and eager to help. In thanksgiving for all of our angels, especially the ones who stand ready to help us.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I really like her "working angel" smock! She can bake your bread or jump start your car. Thank God for angels!