Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a day of transition


The college kids are gone. Everyone's back to work. I had a mtg this morning with my women's faithsharing group. We talked about violence and the places we need healing. We shared and prayed for eachother. Last night, I shared with our oldest that yeah, I think everyone ought to have a massage OFTEN because the body in its travels through the world is assaulted by things in the environment that are hostile. Given too that our culture is not physically demonstrative.. we don't hold hands, give hugs, or walk arm in arm, people can go days without anyone touching them. One more reason to feel disconnected or un-connected. Anyway, touch can be very healing. It's possible his health insurance will allow him the benefit of massage. If not, I may spring for it for him. He spends his work days in a "green" office and works with pretty gentle people, he does have a demanding job with long hours and he does commute on a rather loud and fast train to and from work. He trods on cement or concrete through most of his travels. He does yoga and swims. He eats well, but not enough. Eco-therapy has come to my attention recently following the celebration the movie Avatar has created. People have emerged from the movie saying, " Oh, I wish I lived in that world!" We DO live in that world. Get thee to a regional park, I say and take a walk. There is abundant life all around us. and then get a massage. Ahhhh.

No comments: