Saturday, December 5, 2009

when do the lion and the lamb sit down together?


Okay, I'm getting anxious. I'm ready for the lion and the lamb to sit down together. Does that happen soon? Thankfully, I do not live in or move in circles where there is a lot of conflict. Physical, political, social or familial. But, I am aware that coming out of the Bush years I was aware of a polarization in the political sphere. In the realm of the Church, there is a deep division between the far right and the liberals, if those terms can be used in connection with the Church. I remember when Obama was elected I vowed that I would do more to be a positive force. Seeing the effort that would be required to address the many issues the country faced, I felt that it was the least I could do but to step up a little more and seek higher ground somehow. I really didn't know how that was going to happen. Sometimes i can not see how in the world the differences can possibly be reconciled. I'm not sure still. But, with Christmas coming, with our hope in the incubator, so to speak, I can not help but be hopeful that the Light of the World, who lives within all God's people, will prevail. So be it.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

what is this picture of?