Friday, December 18, 2009

december 18, 2009, friday


One week til Christmas. It's been 10 days since my last posting. I have missed this part of my spiritual practice. Writing is an important way for me to gain access to what I know. As in, deeply know. It's been foggy and grey here lately in our neck of the woods. My relatives in VA have posted pictures of their 9 inches of snow and counting. They are all housebound. An insurmountable excuse to stay home and do nothing. We here in the lowlands of CA seldom if ever have that excuse. I remember being in North Dakota and being housebound during blizzards. There's nothing like it!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Becky is playing the Game of Life by herself. I think that sums up being housebound by weather!

Katie said...

oh, you are so right! but we had five of us kids in North Dakota... do you remember playing games? alison perfected her choc. chip cookie recipe.

Jennie said...

I remember the storm with you, me and Rob and the dogs in the house all alone for two days...and we sat around the kitchen table the whole time. Kind of like the Little House books (young)Alison and I are reading. Only we had Elton John singing "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" on the radio. Over and over. Maybe that sums up the blizzrd experience.