Tuesday, December 29, 2009

time to say goodbye


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY Most years the New Year creeps up on me and I am caught. I haven't had time to reflect back on the year I am about to leave. Wait! Because I have such a poor memory, I am grief stricken at the realization that I will forget the life I've lived over the last 12 months. I want to remember: the people in my life, the places I've been, the events.. well, I'd love to be able to remember every moment. Maybe that's my definition of heaven: every moment suspended in eternity to be cherished in its sublimity. "Just to be is a blessing, just to live is holy." That is a blessing the boys always picked for our dinner table prayer, because it was the briefest one in our book of graces. I guess I'm grateful now that they picked that one over and over again, because I can recall it. Even though this song sung by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman is poignant and makes me think about saying goodbye to this year, I think I'll entertain the notion of saying goodbye, but I'll also know that all that I don't remember is held in trust by God for me... time is not ALL we have.

No comments: