Thursday, December 24, 2009

december 24, 2009


From the gospel of Luke: "In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.” In the practice of lectio divina, or holy reading, we're invited to note what in the text jumps out at us. Ask yourself the question: did a line or phrase or single word grab your attention? Recognize that in the word or phrase that God might be present to you. Sometimes I read the text and nothing grabs me. But, today, these last words in Luke's gospel reading grabbed me. I think I'll try to remember this phrase today...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

to shine on those who dwell in shadow...how grateful those who can't get out of the shadow and want to must be! what about those who like the shadow? The cockroaches--is God's light a special kind of hell for them?

I am not good at lectio.

Katie said...

Oh, you are very good at lectio!!