Friday, November 27, 2009

gold

There are still yellow and red and even green leaves on the trees as of November 27. They are falling though as I sit here. Rain is coming and so many will be assisted in their falls. It feels like harvest to me.. even though we're not farmers. The boys are home, the leaves are falling, we planted winter vegetables yesterday and we're middle aged. Pete and I are both surprised how tired we seem to get after an evening of revelry or of a little yard work. We've vowed to get stronger. I think we have to up the ante. We joined the gym, but have managed about twice a week. We haven't managed even many walks lately. Today, we'll try to do it all... like New Years resolutions after a debauched New Years' Eve, I am bound to avoid the carbohydrates today after Thanksgiving dinner's carbo loading. It was SO GOOD though! So grateful .. for so many things. and when I feel this grateful, it's hard to simultaneously care about being penurious. Is that the word I'm looking for? Focus on the gold.

1 comment:

Alison's Recipes said...

I, too, feel the need for South Beach. So far today, eggs for breakfast and a salad for lunch (with leftover steak on it).