Monday, January 19, 2009

words can not express


Words can not express how happy I will be to see an end to the George Bush era. I will not villify the man, but I do credit him with the loss of a spirit of good will in this country. That I have seen in so much of the world in which I travel. His politics polarized this country and made it a hostile, frozen landscape. That is where his leadership took us. Not together, but apart. His simplistic solutions to problems reflected a v. immature understanding of the way the world is truly. The result: a nation who had lost its civility and in that regard, the terrorists did win. I will rejoice tomorrow with Americans who look forward to working together, talking civilly, and as Peter Maurin said "to help make it easier for people to be good".. which is our true nature.

No comments: