Wednesday, February 9, 2011

february 9, 2011


I didn't read the readings today. I leapt into action to prepare for our cleaning ladies. Today is a quiet day.. my sweet cleaning ladies are from Mexico. One had a baby Christmas day and the other is expecting her third baby in six mos. We talked about how to best clean our shower and our bathtub. I had a cleaning product that was fantastic! She was amazed! It's amazing how happy a clean shower can make one. Somehow I'm reminded of a brand new baby... so pure! and how awe-some is that purity. A baby glows through and through. My shower now glows superficially. I'm so happy! a fresh start~ it seems to say. bright and shiny and ready to serve you dear bather. Clean, bright, new, fresh, inviting beginnings.. like a blank sheet of paper coupled with a perfect pen. Yesterday, we received John's high school graduation announcements. He will graduate in four months and then in seven months he will leave for college. New beginnings for him!! and for us. Because he is our last, these new beginnings have a different color. What color, Katie? I feel like maybe they are the color of water...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I hope these months are like bathwater to John, too. Warm and clean...

Katie said...

thanks Jennie...I just cleaned his room for him.. acts of service are his "love language". He always says thanks for cleaning my room, mom. and I know he really means it.