Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010 A Good Woman

My sister Peggy in her new sweater that matches my walls!


Feast of St. Frances of Rome. She was a good woman. I know so many and Pope Benedict will never hear of them. Today's readings are BEAUTIFUL. They speak of God's tender mercy for his people and in the gospel today Jesus teaches us that we are to forgive those who trespass against us seventy times seven times. That is not unreasonable if we consider how much our God loves us over and over and over again and loves us even when we turn our backs on our call to relationship with the Holy One. I think it's hard to imagine that there is a love like that. The closest I come is how much I love my chillens. Last night I was remembering how when the boys were little we'd lounge around on our bed.. when they were two and three feet tall!... and stare at the ceiling, talk and I would worship their little selves. They were such miracles. Every word they said was brilliant or funny. They were beautiful!!! to me. Lying still in our bed gave me the eyes to see how lovely they were and allowed me to be very present to them. Lying still. Just hanging out. I'm so grateful for that memory that came unannounced and unsought last night. I was waiting for Pete to come to bed and had time to just lie there. Remembering. Gift. That is how much we are each loved... .like that. Even with snotty noses, morning breath, cradle cap, (I saw all those things too), and dirty diapers. We are LOVED.

No comments: