Monday, September 14, 2009

feast of the holy cross


For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16
I remember being a little girl, third grade maybe, so 7 yrs old or 8, and kneeling at a school mass probably on a Friday and looking up at the cross and crying. No one saw me or noticed me, but I remember it because it was a moment of awareness. In that moment, as I gazed upon the man on the cross, I saw love. It overwhelmed me. and it still does. Today on this feast day of the Holy Cross, I will find a crucifix and invite that love to heal me. I'll also be looking for ways that that love is spent every day all around me in the ways that people do for others.

No comments: