Tuesday, August 18, 2009

on the up side

Pictured: Glaswegians soaking up the rays in May.


I've decided that there is a dearth of good news about aging. People readily share their woes about getting older. The good news is:


as we get older, we can step off the treadmill and really see the beauty all around us and APPRECIATE it.


we can listen with a more compassionate ear, because we've possibly been there too.


we can cherish those who are older, because we are going to be them soon.


we are transported to heaven by new life and by the young.


we are invited to accept that we are just who we are.


we know better what we are good at and not good at.


we recognize that we are so much more than our bodies.


what else?


I'll be adding to this list as things occur to me or come into my view.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I think I have a growing appreciation for quiet and silence. Do you think that's generally true?