Friday, August 21, 2009

august 21st, friday


"Ruth said, “Do not ask me to abandon or forsake you! For wherever you go, I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge, your people shall be my people, and your God my God.”
Thus it was that Naomi returned with the Moabite daughter-in-law, Ruth,who accompanied her back from the plateau of Moab. They arrived in Bethlehem at the beginning of the barley harvest." Wow.

“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?”He said to him,“You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart,with all your soul, and with all your mind.This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it:You shall love your neighbor as yourself. The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.” (gospel of Matthew)
Could it be more clear? I remember hearing this for the first time when I was in high school I think. Well, it sounds simple, enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie-thank you for that moment of peace and a reminder that I constantly need to re-prioritize in my life!