Saturday, July 26, 2008

what's up?


I'm looking outside my window and up into blue sky. Used to be I took blue skies for granted, but with the fires we've had in northern California this summer, I've seen lots less of them. As often as not, we've had smokey skies. At first, our brains notice haze, milky colored skies and we wonder is that just smog or humidity, some kind of front moving in? and then our noses register the smell of fire or rather of smoke. Is that burnt toast? and then, is there a fire? The fires are far far away but the winds bring the smoke down here to our cities by the bay and we're reminded that nature is doing a clean up job somewhere very dry. I'm reminded of how blowing winds bring things from other places... what other things are blowing my way that I am aware of and what am I missing because my nose doesn't tell me so?

1 comment:

Terri said...

The air and (lack of) quality remind me that I take so much for granted. We expect clean air everyday. I so, so like the idea of things drifting into our lives, there for the noticing. Wow....what have I missed lately?