Friday, July 11, 2008

our gammy is 100


She's always been pretty in pink. Irene Viriginia Flynn (nee Smith) was born 100 years ago yesterday on July 10, 1908 in New York City to James and Catherine Smith. She was the eldest daughter in a family of four girls and three boys, I believe. She married Joseph E. Flynn, (USN) and lived on both coasts while raising two daughters, including her faithful and loving daughter, my mother, Patricia J. Flynn. Gammy, as we call her, has been stylish, fun and funny, and gifted in so many ways. I cherish her smile and her laugh, and her humor. My sister Alison resembles her a lot. Happy Birthday Gammy! Whenever I see fuschia lipstick I think of you and smile.

2 comments:

Terri said...

100 years - wow! Gammy looks great. And happy. I see Pat in her eyes and her smile. God Bless Gammy.

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

Lovely photo...I hope you wear fuschia lipstick sometimes in her honor! Every now and then I wear "WindSong" since it makes me think of my grandma who lived to be 96.