Friday, June 3, 2011

friday, june 4, 2011


We're still in the Easter season. Not sure how many days til Pentecost. Had some glimpses this past month of Church coming together to celebrate God's action in our life. Tommy's birthday party at his house, John's volleyball team, John's class at De La Salle, both at the baccalaureate mass and at graduation, our family's graduation party for John, John's team banquet, our nephew's wedding in Virginia, our great niece's baptism in Fairfax... with numerous meals with friends and family scattered in between. I know I'm missing some things. So much to celebrate.. God with us.
I had a thought one day.. about how amazing we creatures of God are. I shared this thought with a woman I drive to visit her hospitaled husband. We were driving along and it just bubbled up:"If you think about it, we are really amazing. The fact that we do what we do every day is amazing." and I had this sense, which I'm not sure I communicated, that we are ablaze with magnificence. We radiate wonder. I think that's how God sees us! every cell of our being is bursting with love and life, both gifts intended to share. Don't you think that's amazing?

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Yes, I do think it's amazing. I like your thoughts better than mine. During today's extremely warm morning commute, I wondered if the deer ever wake up in this muggy, oppressive heat and think, "Why me, God? Why today?" No, they do not. But they never think, "Me, God! Today!" either. Pretty amazing.

Katie said...

You ARE AMAZING JENNIE!!