Tuesday, May 19, 2009

yellow roses


I know two women whose favorite flowers are yellow roses. They are: my mother, and our friend, Dana. These are Graham Thomas roses of which we have two bushes in our backyard. Right now, the bushes are laden with blooms. I've shared some with a friend, and brought some indoors and tried to capture their exuberant beauty in a photo. I think I'll try again in sunlight. Currently, I favor our Abraham Darby pink roses.. and I love pink dahlias and peonies too. Tastes change though and maybe Pat and Dana have transferred their affection to another worthy flower. I do know though that both women have sunshine written all over their souls... so yellow fits! What is your favorite flower at the moment??

1 comment:

Alison's Recipes said...

The white peony bush in front of Katie's bedroom window. It has a slight pink shade in the middle of the blooms. That's a full word - bloom.