Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010


for me writing is prayer. I am overwhelmed with gratitude now for all the blessings our sons enjoy. Good friends, good teachers, nourishment, that still small voice that I know whispers to them and to whom they listen, for all the people who've cheered them on since they were born and for those who've just discovered them and delighted in them and been touched by them. I am grateful for the fact that I am here to behold them. I am grateful that Pete is their dad. I guess I should be grateful for the challenges they've had and will have. These are life's great teachers. Ugh. In particular, I am grateful at this moment for Robbie's experience at Pomona.. for his water polo experience and his classes and teachers and fellow classmates and for Martha, his best friend and lovey.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Amen. And I'm grateful for you that you've had a front row seat, watching these men of yours grow.