Sunday, September 7, 2008

believe


It looks like the Mother of God and her Son are rocking to and fro on the rolling seas. BUT, she says," Don't lose your bearings! " That's a mantra that leapt into my self maybe a year ago when i was losing my bearings due to some conflict that had arisen in an organization of which I am a part. (That sentence was too long. ) Anyway, I like this image slightly off kilter, because it is a visual of how I often feel. It's also an invitation. While life does feel like a ride on a rolling sea, and that is most of the time, I can hearken to this icon of Mary and the Christ holding steady despite the dizzying effects of the rise and fall of the waves. I also hear them saying, "We're not going anywhere but staying right here... for you!" What does this image conjure in you?

1 comment:

Jennie said...

What a lovely thought! And I love the tilted image. I have been walking around with my head tipped in an "I don't get it" attitude for a few months now, so the image was straight on for me. Sometimes God just meets you where you're at and your head has to be on sideways to see things straight?